Thursday, June 3, 2021

Standup dynamic

If a standup is for one person to review all project status, the standup  will get long and for those three minutes when the review and the project owner is in discussion and the rest of team is idle.  When this is happening, I think that the best practice is to split the meeting to multiple separate standup meetings.

The reason why we don't want to split, typically is we believe that more people in the meeting and hear the same may save the time for coordinating among teams, but in fact, since they are used to not listen to other people's talk, assuming people know is actually creating more issues.

Another reason is that the power really comes from the fact that there are audiences.  Here the power is for both sides.

--

I am still not convinced that Scrum can manage any big project even after I read the book about scrum of scrum.  

After so many years, I still don't see any new from scrum about project management.  I am sorry I tried.  Inventing new terms won't make you smarter.  Studying PMP is still an important experience for me to learn about project management. Studying scrum method is not.

No comments: