- The dashboard components by default shown on the dashboard should be relevant to the roles of the users.
- The dashboard components available to a user should be relevant to the roles of the users.
- You should be able to turn on and off of components on a personalized view of a dashboard.
- You should be able to reorder the components shown on the dashboard. Reordering includes Move Up, Move Down, Move Left, Move Right, Sharing the horizontal spaces among components, etc.
- Arranging components within a dashboard should be an end user personalization function, not just a dashboard designer function.
- A Tabular view of the data is the most commonly seen component.
- You should be able to add additional relevant fields that you are interested. The IT or the vendor provided dashboard may define the relevant fields that are available, but as an end user, you should be able to hide and show (some) individual fields.
- For getting extra space for showing data, you should be able to remove the unwanted or not so useful fields.
- You should be able to customize the width of the column displayed as part of user personalization.
- You should be able to reorder the fields within a table