Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Run EBS on Window 10

It took me sometime to make EBS suite working on Window 10.


1. First of all, use Mozilla Firefox.

IE becomes hidden in window 10.  The default browser now is Microsoft Edge.
I installed Chrome browser as well.  However, both Microsoft Edge Chrome browser cannot run EBS application.

I installed Firefox on the laptop.

2. Launch the application and tried to open the form

It asked me to install oaj2se.exe and I did.
It installed jre1.6.0_07.

However, it is hard to make the browser recognize it.

3. Install latest JRE

I installed jre.1.8.0_66.

4. Run the Java console

\jre.1.8.0_66\bin\javacpl

5. Add the EBS apps site to the exception list

Go to the Security tab in the Java console.

6. Ensure the Java plug-in enabled

Go to the Advanced tab in the Java console
Check the checkbox for Default Java for browsers






No comments: