Saturday, June 4, 2011

Gnumeric

I have been using Gnumeric for several months.  Although people still use Excel, I have set Gnumeric as the main tool to open Excel file lately.

Excel for some unknown reasons cannot work together with the web conference system I am using.  A ridiculous workaround is that while I am using the web conference system, I have to open Microsoft Net meeting.  I guess some secret code from Microsoft only compatible with Net Meeting.

This is so annoying.  I do not really need any new advanced features from Excel 2007.  For me, Excel 2007 is a defect product if I can use an older version of Excel with web conference system without any problem.

I found that Gnumeric is actually faster than Excel in turn of opening the file and show data.

Almost all functions are compatible.

No comments: